The 2018 Grant application is now available!!! Grant application deadline is NOON, March 2, 2018.
Here is the Grant application:
The Sun Foundation for the Environmental Arts and Sciences, in collaboration with the Illinois Arts Council and the National Endowment for the Arts, awards the Community Art Access grants each year, subject to grant approval.
The CAA grant is available for schools, libraries, community artists and art groups.
A committee comprised of professionals from Bureau, Marshall, Stark and Woodford Counties meet and review the grants to determine projects that would best serve area communities. For grant approval, hiring Illinois artist/artists, community involvement and reaching the under-served are all vitally important. Each grant recipient is able to receive up to $1000. Users of the grant money are required to document and publicize the event and provide end of project reports.
The Review Committee uses the following review criteria:
Projects must be for non-profit groups, organizations, schools and individual artists with projects and programs that are presented from:
l. Involvement of Illinois artists and/or groups.
2. Community involvement and access.
3. Need for financial support.
4. Ways the grant will strengthen the organization or individual artists project.
5. How will the project impact the community and reach under-represented & under-served populations.
6. Quality of the project.
7. Project goals.
8. 25% cash match.
9. In-kind, non-cash contributions.
10. Publicity – visibility of the project.
11. Foster cultural development of under-represented populations within your service area.
12. Documentation of the scheduled project; film, video and printed materials.
Grants cannot be used for artistic programs or functions where artists are not the primary focus. Grants cannot be used to support fundraising projects, benefits, receptions or other social functions.
Grant funds will not be awarded for capital expenditures, permanent equipment, funding for out of state touring, scholarships or deficit funding. All projects must have a public community service emphasis to be funded.
Grant Review: A 1 to 5 point system is applied to each grant, 5 being the highest point rating.
If applications exceed available funds, grants with the highest rating and priority number will receive funding.
Community Arts Access
Public Arts programing.
1990 to Current