Sun Foundation Board of Directors 2017-2018
Shae L. Birkey Washington, IL
- MS, Restoration Ecology and Conservation Biology
- Caterpillar Inc. EHS Professional Caterpillar Inc. Material Handling and Underground East Peoria, IL – Buildings SS/NN
- Greater Peoria Economic Development Council Water Resources Team co-chair, IL Wastewater Operator’s Certification board member, Middle IL Water Supply Planning-Industry representative, Central IL Groundwater Protection Committee member
- Water Resources and Dangerous Goods Transportation, Global Environmental Affairs, Health & Safety, Law & Public Policy, Legal Services Division, Caterpillar Tractor, Inc.
Mandy K Chadwick, CHMM Washington, IL
- Master of Science in Environmental Management IIT
- Bachelor of Science In Environmental Health ISU
- L.E.A.D Powering Up! BU
- Caterpillar Inc. Advanced Components Systems Division, Mossville, IL
Environmental Health Tech Steward. Divisional Position (2013- present.)
- Certifications and Training:
- Certified Hazardous Material Manager (CHMM)
- Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER), 29
- CFR 1910 120 Hazardous Materials Technician
- OSHA 30 hours trained, Certified in RCRA and Dangerous Goods (USDOT and IMDG)
Stephanie Chaon Germantown Hills, IL
- Illinois Valley Community College
- Present Goodfield State Bank Branch Manager
- Former Assistant Manger Rhythm Kitchen Music Café
- Former Elmwood Brewing Company House Manager
- Active elementary school and volleyball team volunteer
- Member Kiwanis, Germantown Hills and Chamber of Commerce
Rebecca Cottrell Pekin IL
- BA, Parks & Recreation Program Management, Illinois State University, Normal, IL.
- Recycling and Resource Conservation Department – Recycling Educator, Sustainability Team Chairperson, and Green CREW Chairperson for Peoria County Government.
- Former educator, interpreter and intern coordinator – Wildlife Prairie Park, and Natural Resources interpreter – Illinois Department of Natural Resources. Member of the Environmental Education Association, Illinois Counties Solid Waste Management, and Regional Coordinator for Illinois Recycling Association.
Kevin D. Day Peoria, IL
- Juris Doctor, Northern Illinois University College of Law, Bachelor of Arts In Political Science, Augustana College in Rock Island, IL
- Associate Attorney with the law firm of Hasselberg Grebe Snodgrass Urban & Wentworth
- Member of the Illinois State Bar Association, Peoria County Bar Association, PCBA Young Lawyers Committee, Young Professionals Organization of Greater Peoria, and Independent Sports Club of Central Illinois
- Former Vice President of the American Constitution Society – Northern Illinois University, Former Environmental Law Society Member – Northern Illinois University
Sally Jo (Sarah) Eastman Washington, IL
- BA, Communications and Minor in Music, Western Illinois University, Macomb, IL
- Marketing Manager at Junior Achievement of Central Illinois.
- Communications Coordinator at the Junior Achievement of Central Illinois.
- Peoria Park Districts Riverfront Events Assistant Coordinator, Former marketing intern at Peoria Park District, former Public Relations Director at Student Society of American and a fundraising chair for Music Business Association.
Amanda Gordon-Sandberg Peoria, IL
- Bachelor of Arts In English University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois
- Associate of Arts and Sciences Illinois Central College
- Present Legal Assistant Howard & Howard Attorneys PLL
- Former Legal Assistant Hinshaw & Culbertson and Paralegal and at Stenger & Stenger P.C., Grand Rapids, Michigan and Account Executive at Times Newspapers, Peoria IL.
- Former Vice President and treasurer of Peoria Push Derby Dames.
Doug Holmes Peoria, IL
- Graduate of Illinois Central College, East Peoria, IL.
- Peoria Park District Employee, Illinois Park and Recreation volunteer award recipient for volunteerism, Peoria Zoo Herpetologist
- Peoria Zoo Green Team Leader, Sun Foundation Board Member, Sun Foundation Treasurer, Instructor for Art & Science in the Woods since the early 1980’s, Clean Water Celebration Speaker
- Central Illinois Herpetological Society, President, Peoria Academy of Science, Board member Peoria Heart of Illinois, American Zookeeper Association, Founding member of Fundraising for Conservation.
Preston Jackson Dunlap, IL
Artists Resources Advisor
- MFA, University of Illinois, Champaign, IL.
- Professional painter, sculptor, and musician
- Recipient of the State of Illinois Lincoln Award, nationally exhibited sculptor, Head of Sculpture Department at the Art Institute of Chicago, Art and Science in the Woods Instructor.
Jo Lakota Peoria, IL
- MA, Bradley University, Peoria, IL.
- Artist and storyteller.
- Lakota and Yakima heritage, taught in Central Illinois and at Santé Fe Indian School, Board Member for University of Illinois 4-H Youth Program Development, Art and Science in the Woods instructor and former student.
Angela P. Madison Pekin, IL
Board Vice President
- J.D Vermont Law School
- B.A. Purdue University
- Certification In Family Mediation
- Present Assistant Public Defender Private Practice Family Law Attorney and Mediator
- Former Assistant State’s Attorney Tazewell County, DCFS Contract Attorney, Guardian AD Litem Peoria County., Assistant State’s Attorney Peoria County, Staff Attorney U.S. Trustees Office
Kira Santiago East Peoria, IL
- Organic flower farmer and floral designer who is the fifth generation in a family of academics, writers, and organic farmers.
- After studying studio art at the University of Iowa, she is currently working on her certificate of sustainable food & Farming through the University of Massachusetts Amherst.
- UMass Amherst. 2014- to present.
Lorraine Schwass Toluca, IL
- BS, Secondary Education, MS Counseling & Guidance, Western Illinois University, Macomb, IL. Post Graduate studies, Illinois State University, Bloomington, IL.
- Retired High School Guidance Counselor
- Former President Illinois Valley Food Co-op, Volunteer with Lincoln’s New Salem State Historic Site, and former Illinois Humanities Council Road Scholar Program member
Jody Tockes East Peoria, IL
- Master of Education-Curriculum & Instructions, Olivet Nazarene University, Bachelor of Science- Education, Bradley University
- Owner & instructor of the Hive Studio & Gallery on Peoria’s Riverfront (2013- to present)
- 30 years as Special Educator & Case Manager East Peoria District (1989-2013), Peoria District 150 (1980- 85 & 1986-87), Instructor for the Sun Foundation AISW program 2014, Peoria Art Guild Fair muralist (2013-14), Fundraising events for local charities at her Hive Studio and Gallery, Member of the Sun Foundation’s Clean Water Celebration Environmental Classroom Navigating Committee.
Jonathan Wright Peoria IL
- Graduate of Peoria Area Chamber of Commerce Community Leadership School. Denver Technical College, Information Systems programming certificate. BA in Business Management with an emphasis in Entrepreneurship, Bradley University, Peoria, IL.
- Managing Editor, Peoria Magazines, Central Illinois Business Publishers.
- Former computer programmer and systems analyst, independent publisher, freelance writer, musician and concert promoter. Former board member of WCBU_FM, Peoria Radio and Arts Partners of Central IL.
- BS, Illinois State University, Bloomington, IL.
- Chief Corporate spokesperson for Caterpillar, Inc.
- Spent many years in TV and radio broadcasting.
Stephanie Gehrig Peoria, IL
- BA, Integrative Biology, University of Illinois
- Real Estate Broker & Realtor with Coldwell Banker Honig-Bell
- Habitat for Humanity; Kids & Chem, International Illini. Horticulture Club.
- was a Montessori School teacher, Interned at ARS USDA Agricultural Lab, Has a passion for working with charities!
- BS, Junior High Education, MS, Education Admin, OAS Education Admin, Illinois State University, Bloomington, IL.
- Retired Superintendent of Schools: Marshall, Putnam and Woodford counties, Directorship with the Sun Foundation, Hult Health Center and church.
- Board member at Peoria Contemporary Arts Center, Co-founder of Evill Pictures Video Production, Volunteer at: Driftless Film Festival, Riverfront Fine Arts Fair, Alley Stage, Committee Member at Peoria Art Guild, coordinated 3 documentaries including “Together We Shine” for Art and Science in the Woods 2011
Jackie Wolfe Monticello, IA
- Biology degree from Cornell College where she established the college’s recycling and sustainability program. MA
- Accountant Manager for CS Toyota Financial
- Sun Foundation Art & Science in the Woods Czar and volunteer staff member, former ASIW student and teaching assistant